This online course addresses how to deal fairly and effectively with an employee who has upset a patient. The course will take around 15 minutes to complete.
The course uses the A-B-C-D-E Feedback Model to help you prepare for, and then carry out, the conversation with your employee. It will show you exactly what to say using videos of professional actor-coaches to demonstrate each of the steps.
The ABCDE Feedback Model can be downloaded as a guide to help you deal with similar conversations in your workplace.
What will I learn?
- How to prepare for the conversation with your employee
- The five steps to follow to get the best outcome from the conversation
- How the ABCDE feedback model works by observing an actor-coach carrying out the conversation step by step
- How to follow up the initial conversation to ensure the employee implements what was agreed.
- How to deal with both a successful and unsuccessful outcome to the initial conversation.
Test your knowledge
At the end of the course, you have the option to complete a short exam to assess how much you have learned. You can complete the quiz as many times as you wish.
When you achieve the pass rate of 80%, you will be provided with a certificate, outlining what you have learned.